The GAIA Noise Freak Vol.5 sound collection was created by Logic System (Hideki Matsutake), Japan's foremost synthesizer artist. Active since the earliest days of synthesizers, he is well known through his work with Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO), both on their recordings and as an accompanying member on their world tours.
Noise Freak Vol.5
Volume 5 of the popular Noise Freak series offers a wide variety of useful sound effects inspired by the Asian instruments and vintage rhythm machines.
- Jew's harp -- A jew's harp sound reproduced on the GAIA.
- Rydeen Horse -- This is the sound that you hear on the third chorus of the song Rydeen by YMO.
- LS Rythm I -- A rhythmic sound that you don't get from a traditional rhythm machine. Try it the highest octave setting.
- LS Bdr -- Analog kick sound with some distortion effect.
- LS Snr -- A snare sound that you can use like a "clap" sound found in analog rhythm machine.
- LS Rythm II -- A sound using the Panning Delay effect You get a different sound each type you play the same key. Turn the Control 1 knob in the Effects section for rhythmic variation.
- Tsutsumi -- A sound of a Japanese Tsutsumi drum. Set the octave range to +2 and play the middle C for the best results.
- Born to be World -- A great distorted sound for an intro or ending of the song as you hear in the audio example. Try setting the octave range to -2.
In no event shall Roland Corporation be liable to end-users for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to financial damages for any loss of profits or information arising from the use of, or inability to use this updater. The foregoing provision is effective even if Roland Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This is a legal agreement between you (an individual or a corporation) and Roland Corporation (herein referred to as "Roland") regarding the usage of this software product (herein referred to as "SOFTWARE"). Please read carefully the terms of this License Agreement before installing or using the SOFTWARE. By installing, copying, or starting the use of the SOFTWARE, you hereby consent to the terms of this License Agreement.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE
Roland grants you the following non-exclusive rights to use the SOFTWARE in accordance with the terms of this License Agreement.
- (a) You may only use the SOFTWARE on a specific single computer at one time. Use of the SOFTWARE shall include loading the SOFTWARE into temporary memory (i.e., RAM) or installing the SOFTWARE into storage media (i.e., hard disk) of the computer on which you will use the SOFTWARE.
- (b) You may make one copy of the SOFTWARE for backup purposes only (on floppy disk, magneto optical disk, DAT or the similar media), but you are prohibited to make any other copy.
The SOFTWARE and its copyrights are the property of Roland and are protected by all international copyright laws and treaties.
Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE like any other copyrighted material (i.e., a book or a CD). All rights that are not provided for herein are reserved by Roland.
3. OTHER RESTRICTIONS
- (a) You shall not modify, change, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE and the copyright notice and copyrighted logo.
Unauthorized copying, uploading to another network, distributing, modifying and/or attaching this software to other media or any other sales item is expressly forbidden.
- (b) You shall not loan, rent, lease, sublicense or transfer the SOFTWARE, either in whole or in part, to any third party. But you may permanently transfer the SOFTWARE and accompanying printed materials provided you retain no copies of the Software and recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. If the SOFTWARE has been updated or upgraded, any transfer of the SOFTWARE must include the most recent update and all prior versions.
- (c) If this SOFTWARE contains multiple templates of media (such as floppy disks and CD-ROM) and these media contain the same software, you may use only the one form of media that is appropriate for your computer. You shall not use the remaining form(s) of media on another computer.
- (d) You may not use the Software from multiple locations of a multi-user or networked system at any time.
4. NO WARRANTY
Roland makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, with respect to any of the software, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. NO LIABILITY
Roland can not reply to inquiries regarding this system software updater. Please read the instructions completely, and please note that you should use the SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
In no event shall Roland be liable to end-users for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to financial damages for any loss of profits or information arising from the use of, or inability to use this product. The foregoing provision is effective even if Roland has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Even if the SOFTWARE has any material, verifiable, and reproducible program errors, Roland shall have no liability to modify such errors.
6. TERMINATION OF THE LICENSE
Roland reserves the right to terminate this License Agreement if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this License Agreement. Upon such termination, you shall immediately stop using the SOFTWARE.
- (a) Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without affecting, impairing or invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
- (b) This License Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of State of California without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws.
Copyright (C) 2013 Roland Corporation. All rights reserved.
If you agree with the Software License Agreement please press the DOWNLOAD button below to proceed.
To use the downloaded file, a personal computer is required.
For details on how to use the program and other important information, please refer to the “Readme” that is included in the downloaded file.